Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

UTF 8 encoding

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  UTF 8 encoding

Posted Dec 01, 2015 10:23 AM
      |   view attached

Hi everyone. I found some interesting information while analyzing controller. Does anyone know about problem presented at the attached picture... I suspecting it as UTF 8 encoding, but cannot understand the reason of this issue.

• 2.  RE: UTF 8 encoding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 10:25 AM

What version of ArubaOS is this?

• 3.  RE: UTF 8 encoding

Posted Dec 01, 2015 10:30 AM

ArubaOS 6.3.1.13

• 4.  RE: UTF 8 encoding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 10:33 AM

Hi, 

We've seen this before. The error is caused by client http request to the controller with a URI that is not understood by the controller's web server.
    The error is harmless but if the client is requesting a lot of odd URI's, the client needs to be investigated as what it's trying to access.
    Sometimes browser addons will try to access certain URIs from a frequently visited site which includes the controllers' web UI.

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

• 5.  RE: UTF 8 encoding

Posted Dec 01, 2015 10:39 AM

Ok, I understood that..
    Actually, it's little strange, because clients don't have any access to controller...
    Also, regular wireless client doesn't have any information about controller.

• 6.  RE: UTF 8 encoding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 10:49 AM

The Client is 10.78.30.18 as per the log message. You may need to investigate this IP address. 

• 7.  RE: UTF 8 encoding

Posted Dec 01, 2015 10:54 AM

is there any way to decrypt that string?

• 8.  RE: UTF 8 encoding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 11:07 AM

I don't think there is an option for that on the controller. May be a packet capture on the client side could help.