Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to access a cluster when connected to an AP on that cluster

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Unable to access a cluster when connected to an AP on that cluster

Posted Sep 17, 2018 10:07 AM

Hi! I'm both very new to networking and the Aruba environment, but I'm having an issue that those "up the chain" don't have time to resolve. I've Googled it and searched here but haven't accomplished a thing (yet).

We have 5 clusters. On 4 of them, we can't access the mobility controller via the web interface when we're at a site that's on that controller.

For example;

I'm at a site that's controlled by the Cluster 2 Master. While here, I can't even log into the Mobility Controller for the Cluster 2 Master, but I can log into CL1, 3, 4 and 5. If I'm at a site controller by CL1 Master, I can't log into its Mobility Controller, but I can log into CL2, 3, 4 and 5.

CL5's the exception. While at that site, I can log into all Mobility Controllers.

When I ask the folks up above, they politely let me know there's not time to look into it and yes, it's probably a configuration issue, just go find a drop and patch in.

Any ideas? I'd like my wireless experience to be "wireless".

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Unable to access a cluster when connected to an AP on that cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2018 04:42 PM

When connected to wireless, what user role are you put into? What are the rights associated with that user role?