Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to access emails from Apple/Anroid on IAP Guest wifi(IAP assigned IP)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Unable to access emails from Apple/Anroid on IAP Guest wifi(IAP assigned IP)

Posted Dec 19, 2018 02:59 PM

We have VC managed guest wifi setup however everything is working default email on apple/anroid. I have allowed all the necessary ACL ports such as IMAP, IMAPS,POP,POP3,POP3S,SMTP,gmail,gmail-mobile,webmail to all destination still i when I refresh my app it shows "checking for email" & then error. however as soon as i go back to LTE i started to get email. It's affecting both Gmail, yahoo & our internal Outlook. 

Please suggest. 

• 2.  RE: Unable to access emails from Apple/Anroid on IAP Guest wifi(IAP assigned IP)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 21, 2018 05:59 AM

I would try to find out what traffic is blocked, which you can do via the CLI with 'show datapath session' or put a log action on your 'deny' rule in the role.

What I can imagine is that HTTP+HTTPS has to be allowed for application rules (like gmail) to be matched. The WebCC 'Webmail' category might work, if you have a subscription for that.