Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to access master-backup Vlan IP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Unable to access master-backup Vlan IP

Posted Dec 13, 2014 10:10 AM

Hi,

I've got a weird problem when I try to access the master-backup controller through a wireless connection that is on the same Vlan (subnet) as the actual interface. I am able to access (ping)  and manage (gui) the master-backup from other wired subnets at the site and from a remote device. I'm able to manage the master controller via the wireless so the issue is when trying to access the master-backup via the wireless network only. Any idea what might be causing this? It's not a major drama as the device is accessible from other sites and via the wired network.

What makes it even more confusing is that I can ping the loopback interface of the master-backup, just not the Vlan ip address.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Unable to access master-backup Vlan IP

Posted Dec 13, 2014 10:56 AM

I would like to add that if I clear my arp cache on my machine, then ping the ip address .6 I get the correct MAC address for the Vlan interface, just not a ping reply. When logged into the controller I can ping my IP address from the controller?

• 3.  RE: Unable to access master-backup Vlan IP

Posted Dec 13, 2014 12:17 PM

Finally, plugging a wired port into the Vlan I'm able to ping the IP address, so it looks like it is related to the wireless....somehow?

• 4.  RE: Unable to access master-backup Vlan IP

Posted Dec 13, 2014 03:20 PM
    Is there a rule in the role you're in preventing you from reaching it? Can you get a screen grab of the rules for that role.

• 5.  RE: Unable to access master-backup Vlan IP

Posted Dec 14, 2014 05:09 AM

Hi,

I've checked the role, it is 'authenticated' with a permit ip any any.

I've checked the firewall hits and the controller is permitting the ICMP from the client to the IP address but it is not getting a reply from the backup controller.