Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to change already provisioned AP name...

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Unable to change already provisioned AP name...

Posted Mar 27, 2013 12:17 PM

Hey all.

I have a slight issue I am trying to resolve. I have 105 and 135 AP's that I need to relocate to different areas but I am unable to rename completely provisioned AP's from the GUI. I have searched the forum for an answer but I cannot seem to find one.

I have tried the following command from the SSH terminal.:

local-userdb modify mac-address d8:c7:c8:ca:97:37 ap-name JFK-FOYER
                                                                                             ^
    But the error is that my ap is not found in the local directory. I may be going about this the wrong way. Any steer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Unable to change already provisioned AP name...
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2013 06:30 PM

you are looking for the "ap-rename" command.  The access point also needs to be up and running on the controller to be renamed.

• 3.  RE: Unable to change already provisioned AP name...

Posted Mar 28, 2013 10:20 AM

Thank you much cjoseph.  Much appreciated.

• 4.  RE: Unable to change already provisioned AP name...

Posted Sep 01, 2017 09:46 AM

I know this is solved but I had a slightly different issue. If you're running an AP whitelist you have to change the device provisioning through the Wireless>AP Installation>Whitelist. If you do not, the whitelisted settings will take precedence over your ap-rename. The GUI does NOT tell you this. It will accept the commands reboot the AP and it will come up with it's original provisioning. I only caught this through the CLI it gives you the message: "NOTE: For cert RAP ap-name (if specified) in RAP whitelist will take precedence."