Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Unable to log in with new root account

I'm trying to set up an account so an assistant can provision and replace APs.  I created an account under Managed Network -> Configuration -> System -> Admin -> Management User.  However this user is unable to log in to the mobilty master.  Did I create the wrong kind of user?  

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Bill

Re: Unable to log in with new root account

If you want the admin user(s) to have access to the Mobility Master, their account needs to be created on under Mobility Master instead of Managed Network.

@Harbor Billy wrote:

I'm trying to set up an account so an assistant can provision and replace APs.  I created an account under Managed Network -> Configuration -> System -> Admin -> Management User.  However this user is unable to log in to the mobilty master.  Did I create the wrong kind of user?  

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Bill

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Charlie.  Now I just wish there was a way to allow them to provision and de-provision APs without needing root.  But apparently it is root or nothing from what I've read.

Frequent Contributor I

I think this is what you are looking for. I haven't had a chance to play with it myself. If it is what you are looking for and are able to get it working, please post a follow-up post.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Authorization-and-Access-for-AP-Provisioning/ta-p/292780

I hope this helps,

David
Sr. Trainer and Author of upcoming "Understanding ArubaOS: Version 8.x" book
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for the idea David.  Unfortunately, when I change the user to the ap-provisioning role, they can no longer see the controllers or the Managed Network.  Subsequently, no APs show up to provision or un-provision.

I get the first picture instead of the second one.

Capture.PNGap-provisioning roleCapture2.PNGroot role

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: