Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unusual Controller Error Message

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Unusual Controller Error Message

Posted Oct 01, 2014 03:33 PM

I have been seeing the following error message in my controller logs, and I have not been able to obtain any information about it.

Sep 29 08:51:24  KERNEL(FH-02-2150@131.183.103.218): OS_CANCEL_TIMER failed!!

I have seen this on both AOS versions 6.3.1.5 and 6.4.1.0 and on M3 controllers and 7240s,

Also on several flavors of AP so there doesn't appear to be a common hardware element.

Does anyone know what this message means and whether I should be concerned about it?

Thanks in advance for any information!

• 2.  RE: Unusual Controller Error Message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2014 08:06 PM

If there is an access point that you see this on please type:

show ap debug crash-info ap-name <name of ap> 

to see if there is any crash info.

We should start with that.

• 3.  RE: Unusual Controller Error Message

Posted Oct 02, 2014 02:36 PM

Hi Colin,

I have checked a number of APs that have prompted this message on several different controllers and none are showing any crash information.

• 4.  RE: Unusual Controller Error Message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2014 03:06 PM

johnc,

Crash information would warrant an immediate response.

You should open a support case to determine if this has any customer impact or not.  There are instances where a log message is left into production and it has no operational impact.  TAC would be the last word on this....

• 5.  RE: Unusual Controller Error Message

Posted Oct 02, 2014 04:24 PM

Thanks, Colin. I'll open a case with TAC and report back here when I get an answer. This may just be a false alarm as you say, but messages with double exclamation marks at the end always make me nervous:-)

• 6.  RE: Unusual Controller Error Message

Posted Jan 07, 2015 02:13 PM

johnc,

I too received this message just today regarding this issue. What did TAC come back to you with?

• 7.  RE: Unusual Controller Error Message

Posted Jan 07, 2015 03:19 PM
    I never did receive an answer to this question. After opening a case, I sent them the usual tech support log files and they seemed to fasten on the fact that the controller had some httpd crashes and I was advised to upgrade our code. I never received a response to the initial question about the meaning or potential severity of the message. After upgrading our controllers( a mix of M3s and 7200s) to 6.3.1.12 and 6.4.2.3 I know that the frequency of seeing these messages has certainly gone down. I would have to check again to see if we are still seeing them, however. I believe I still did see some after the upgrades. I will check that and try to report back.

• 8.  RE: Unusual Controller Error Message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2015 01:29 AM

hi johnc

this AP error is a debugging/warning message, it is not a crash and doesn't impact any service. R&D believes this message will be fixed by a change made in 6.3.1.14 and 6.4.2.3 (refer to bug 107225 in the release notes)

If you see this message in either of those two releases (or higher, when applicable), please call back to this thread and let us know.

regards

-jeff