Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Updated controller firmware but second partition is still on old version

I recently updated my mobility master and controller cluster to firmware version 8.5.0.9.  When I run "Show image version" on the controllers it shows only the Default boot partition has been updated. But if I go back to re-run the update on the other partition, I get thwarted because the update procedure says I'm already updated to that version.

What is the proper procedure for updating the other partition?

Thanks for any assistance, 

Bill

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Updated controller firmware but second partition is still on old version

The controller will only run on the boot partition, so no need to update the second partition.  The second partition is typically a "fallback" partition, so if you want to downgrade, you can just switch the boot partition and reboot.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

The controller will only run on the boot partition, so no need to update the second partition.  The second partition is typically a "fallback" partition, so if you want to downgrade, you can just switch the boot partition and reboot.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the reply CJoseph.  Does that mean the other partition will remain at that version until next time I update when the current version will become the new fallback?

Thanks,

Bill

Highlighted
Guru Elite

When you update, only the partition that you select when you update is updated.  That partition is selected as the boot partition when the update is finished expanding.  When you reboot, it will select that partition to EDIT run.  The other one will not change unless you update it manually.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: