Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Updating Airwave after AP is replaced

Hi,

I am new to this organization with an aruba Airwave, switch & access point inventory.

They replaced a few AP's and gave the same names to the AP upon replacement. The older devices were shipped back to Aruba as RMA months ago.

On the 7210 controller, I have a few AP's in the "AP DataBase" with  "UNI" flags  (These are the ones that have been replaced)
(Unprovisioned, Duplicate Name, Inactive)

I searched AirHeads and found this procedure from (published in 2015)
https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Replacement-of-Campus-APs/m-p/236670

My question is ,, "What if the AP's has already been replaced" and the new device has a duplicate name ?
Can I follow the procedure as provided in the link above ?
Will that work if the AP was replaced in 2018 ?
or are there other steps,, because the

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Re: Updating Airwave after AP is replaced

Replace Hardware option is used to retain historical retention data of AP/device which is been replaced with new device.

We can replace old AP with new one if old AP is in down state, need to go to old down AP list, select replace hardware option from drop down list and click apply it will list option of UP APs, choose new AP which is replacment of old from list and click apply.

If device is already replaced and another AP have same name then hardware replacment does not work, it allow to replace down APs with new UP APs only.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Replace Hardware option is used to retain historical retention data of AP/device which is been replaced with new device.

We can replace old AP with new one if old AP is in down state, need to go to old down AP list, select replace hardware option from drop down list and click apply it will list option of UP APs, choose new AP which is replacment of old from list and click apply.

If device is already replaced and another AP have same name then hardware replacment does not work, it allow to replace down APs with new UP APs only.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

The Old AP was taken down and the entry on Airwave was deleted.
A new AP was installed with the same name as the older AP,, so the Controller was confused, but not Airwave.

The solution was to rename the AP,, so the error was resolved on the controller.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: