Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade Aruba wireless network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Upgrade Aruba wireless network

Posted Dec 12, 2013 12:05 AM

I would like to upgrade my Aruba wireless network. I have “DC” and “TKO “sites .

In DC Site ,I have  Aruba 800 Controller and Aruba 650 controller.

I propose to set up a new Aruba  7210 controller to replace old controllers. I know the license and configuration for  Aruba 650 controller can migration to Aruba 7200 series controller. I also know the license of Aruba 800 controller can’t migrate to new Aruba 7210 controller, but I want to know do you have method to migrate Aruba 800 configuration to new Aruba 7210 controller.

In TKO Site, I have  Aruba 3200 Controller and Aruba 2400 controller. Same as DC site, I propose to set up  a new 7210 controller to replace old controllers.

I know the license and configuration for Aruba 3200 can migrate to new 7210 controller, but is it only for Aruba 3200XM model.

I also know the license for Aruba 2400 can’t migrate to new 7210 controller. Do you have any method  or suggestion to migrate the configuration of old 2400 controller to new controller.

Thanks for your help

John Sin

• 2.  RE: Upgrade Aruba wireless network

Posted Dec 12, 2013 12:28 AM

• 3.  RE: Upgrade Aruba wireless network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2013 09:10 AM

There are a few moving parts here.  

1. You have hardware that isn't supported on newer code (which the 7200s need to run).  These are the 800s and 2400s in your network.

2. Is this all under one master or pair of masters today?

There are a few ways to tackle this.  What is your intended design?  Once we know that , we can help in getting you there.  The issue is that if you place a 7200 into an existing master local arrangement, it will require you to upgrade to a more recent code which isn't supported on the older controllers (800/2400).  

So...are you replacing these controllers or are they staying for the foreseeable future?  If they are staying, you can break them away from the master (if they are locals today) and then have them managed as their own islands.  

As far as converting the config, this should happen when you upgrade the existing master to the latest code.  You can add the 7200s as locals and once added, you can then flip the role to a master on the 7200 which will retain the configuration received from the "old" master.  Then...you move your locals from the old master to the new 7200 master.  There are some caveats to this and I would encourage tac assistance when you want to begin.  Any questions though, please ask!

• 4.  RE: Upgrade Aruba wireless network

Posted Dec 12, 2013 09:55 AM

Thank for your reply.

Yes, I replace the old Aruba controller and remove from my wireless network.

sorry, I have no idea for this wireless network upgrade.

I attach my old and new diagam.would you mind give suggestion to me.

Figure 1 new wireless network diagram

image005.jpeg

Figure 2 old wireless diagram

image004.jpeg

Thanks

John Sin

• 5.  RE: Upgrade Aruba wireless network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2013 10:05 AM

Are all the local controllers at the bottom of the drawing pointing to DC as their Master?  What is the TKO on the right for?

• 6.  RE: Upgrade Aruba wireless network

Posted Dec 12, 2013 10:15 AM

Yes

All the local controllers at the bottom of the drawing pointing to DC as their Master.

For TKO site, it is back up controller.

Thanks

John Sin

• 7.  RE: Upgrade Aruba wireless network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2013 01:10 PM
    Okay. You should be fine under centralized licensing. The TKO site will be the backup master or another local? Once deployed and running 6.3, there should be an aggregate pool shared among all of these controllers. Any licenses that have been installed on each will be rolled up into the aggregate pool.

Sent from my iPhone