Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

Posted Apr 29, 2014 08:32 AM

As the title says, I've upgraded a controller to 6.3.1.6 and when I login to the webui it just shows a white blank page where it should show me the monitoring splash page.

I'm using IE10 to browse.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

• 2.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2014 08:34 AM
    Can try a different browser and see if the page loads? Sometimes there can
    be weird browser cache issues after an upgrade.

• 3.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2014 09:21 AM

I saw that as well.  I just refreshed the page and it displayed normally.

• 4.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

Posted Apr 29, 2014 09:43 AM

Thanks for the info. Not sure exactly what caused it but I got fed up trying to mess around with IE settings etc.

In the end I reset IE altogether and its now working. (tools>internet options>advanced>reset)

It looks like any browser used to view the gui previously is affected as I used a server to access the gui and it worked first time;

addtional to that, the server was running IE 9

Thanks

Ian

• 5.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2014 09:50 AM

Did you clear the cache/cookies?

• 6.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

Posted Apr 29, 2014 10:02 AM

I believe we have actually found the issue.

It appears that if you have a proxy server set in IE it wont load the page correctly.

Even if the controller IP address is in the exceptions list it still wont load correctly.

I have to un tick "use a proxy server for your lan" to get it to work. It doesnt matter if its a bogus proxy server either, as in a random name and port.

I gather a bug somewhere?

• 7.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

Posted Apr 30, 2014 07:49 AM

Have tried this in Google Chrome and all is working as it should so it must be a bug in IE.

• 8.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

Posted May 05, 2014 01:11 PM

I am also seeing this issue with IE 9 -

Reseting of IE settings allows all UI tabs to be viewed, except for the Monitoring tab.

Firefox and Chrome work fine - all tabs viewable.

Are there any other work arounds for IE users?

• 9.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

Posted Jul 20, 2016 04:00 AM

Hi, my customer is having similiar issue with 3200 controller (non XM) with 6.1.3.9 ArubaOS.

i would like to check before asking them to upgrade to 6.1.3.14

tried many browsers, clear cache, check proxy, restart controller's web service, restart controller, and check controller's clock setting but still going nowhere.

have you found a solution to this case? thanks.

• 10.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

Posted Jul 20, 2016 06:20 PM
    Turned out to be a bug in that version of firmware -

A reset of the web browser would allow all GUI tabs, except for the monitoring tab.

Updating to next version did clear issue.

Hope that helps you out.

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this communication. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, attorney/client privileged, attorney work product, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or by return e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message, electronic, paper, or otherwise.

• 11.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

Posted Jul 20, 2016 08:24 PM
    Thanks. By any chance this issue got fixed in the latest 6.1 which is 6.1.3.14? My customer is using 3200 controller. Or is there a lower firmware version without this issue?

• 12.  RE: Upgrade M3 controller to 6.3.1.6 causes blank webui display on login

Posted Jul 20, 2016 08:50 PM
    Not quite sure at this point - you may want to check Aruba's release notes to verify - would also ensure the 3200 controller has sufficient memory to support upgrade.

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this communication. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, attorney/client privileged, attorney work product, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or by return e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message, electronic, paper, or otherwise.