Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Upgrade to Aruba OS 8.* from Aruba OS 6.4

Good Afternoon 

We are looking to upgrade from a Master-Local configuration running 6.5.4.12_68901 to 8.X, hopefully 8.6.  As we have purchased some AP-375-RW and these are not supported in 6.5.4.12

1) Both controllers are 7210s

2) We are using LMS for licensing

3) We currently have 230 AP/IAPs located across 60 towns/Cities in the UK, we are looking to add more.  I believe with the 7210s we have a maximum of 512

4) We have some AP-104 and AP-105 devices already configured and these should be supported by 8.X

My question is, will the Migration tool co-opt one of the Controllers to be the Mobility Master or will we need to set this up as a Virtual Machine?  We have a VMWare ESXi virtual environment for most of our servers.

Kind regards

Tatyana Saar

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Upgrade to Aruba OS 8.* from Aruba OS 6.4

You would need to purchase either a hardware Mobility Master or a Virtual Mobility Master license to allow you to run a virtual appliance. The existing 7210 will remain as Managed Devices (where the AP terminates on) and the Mobility Master would then manage the 7210's.

You do not need a Mobility Master to run AOS8 however you will be not be able to use some of the AOS8 features such as AirMatch and Clustering without a Mobility Master.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: