Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Upgrade to ArubaOS 8.X controller error

Hi, just receive my new aruba 7008 controller and trying to upgrade it from 6.5 to ArubaOS Version 8.1.0.0-1.0.4.0 (build 68175 / label #68175) but after upgrade finish and rebooting the controller can't be accessed (172.16.0.254 default IP). 

Status light show amber (not blinking); trying to access from console but the controller not asking for username / password either.

How do i recover the controller ?WhatsApp Image 2019-01-31 at 12.19.19.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-01-31 at 12.19.19a.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-01-31 at 12.19.19b.jpeg

Guru Elite

Re: Upgrade to ArubaOS 8.X controller error

Please open a TAC case.  It is not clear what is wrong.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

We have resently seen similar issues, we opened a TAC case and is seams to be a known issue (actually two knows issues)

We have seen two different flavors of this issue. And the following helped us to resolve the issue.

1) https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/7210-factory-reset/td-p/113065

You will have to update the software a to version 8.x twice - but it works.

2) https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-use-the-controller-boot-parameter-cfgfile-to-recover/ta-p/177922

I can confirm that both the above solutions have been field tested on 7008 controllers.

/Jakob

"Hit Ctrl + X key to stop autoboot: "

no response 

New Contributor

isn't that ctrl + b (you have to do it while the message is visible)

no, it's ctrl-x as the console says; but still seems the controller not getting keyboard input even change the rs232 cable, i think better to RMA this unit

problem with the console cable, strange cannot send input to the controller. after changing console cable from HP it works!!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: