Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgraded 7200 controller to Aruba Os 8.0 and cant connect anymore

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Upgraded 7200 controller to Aruba Os 8.0 and cant connect anymore

Posted Aug 26, 2016 07:08 PM

Hello, 

We purchased two Aruba 7205 controllers to use as Master-Backup in a client´s network. I have made a very short config and then upgraded the firmware to OS 8.0 and now when trying to access the default IP that wasn´t changed (172.16.0.254) I can´t connect to the controller. 

Does the OS changes the default IP? 

When connecting through console port it stops in auto-provisioning waiting for dhcp and activate servers. If i try the mini-setup it asks me for master_switch MAC addreses and some information i dont have as this should be the master. 

2) I have read the release notes and found something I was not very clear. That mobility masters can´t handle APs directly. In this solution the client has 80 APs connected to the controllers on a VRRP config. No extra local controllers. This will not be possible anymore? 

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Upgraded 7200 controller to Aruba Os 8.0 and cant connect anymore

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 07:10 PM
    AOS 8 is a major change in architecture. You should consider using 6.5 or
    reach out to your Aruba SE for assistance with planning and deploying this
    new architecture.

• 3.  RE: Upgraded 7200 controller to Aruba Os 8.0 and cant connect anymore

Posted Aug 26, 2016 07:12 PM

Ok, so now how can i downgrade the version if I cant connect to the controller?

• 4.  RE: Upgraded 7200 controller to Aruba Os 8.0 and cant connect anymore
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 07:15 PM