Wireless Access

Contributor I

Upgraded 7200 controller to Aruba Os 8.0 and cant connect anymore

Hello, 

We purchased two Aruba 7205 controllers to use as Master-Backup in a client´s network. I have made a very short config and then upgraded the firmware to OS 8.0 and now when trying to access the default IP that wasn´t changed (172.16.0.254) I can´t connect to the controller. 

Does the OS changes the default IP? 

When connecting through console port it stops in auto-provisioning waiting for dhcp and activate servers. If i try the mini-setup it asks me for master_switch MAC addreses and some information i dont have as this should be the master. 

2) I have read the release notes and found something I was not very clear. That mobility masters can´t handle APs directly. In this solution the client has 80 APs connected to the controllers on a VRRP config. No extra local controllers. This will not be possible anymore? 

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: Upgraded 7200 controller to Aruba Os 8.0 and cant connect anymore

AOS 8 is a major change in architecture. You should consider using 6.5 or
reach out to your Aruba SE for assistance with planning and deploying this
new architecture.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

Ok, so now how can i downgrade the version if I cant connect to the controller?

Guru Elite

Switch to the other partition at the boot loader.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-change-the-controller-boot-partition-from-cpboot/ta-p/180558

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: