Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrading firmware

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Upgrading firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 02:42 AM

Where can i see the bugs in the new firmware version and these are the bugs which are fixed in the new firmware version?

these bugs exist, if we do not upgrade to a newer version?

If there is no database how will i track this?

• 2.  RE: Upgrading firmware

Posted Oct 24, 2019 04:19 AM

Hello,

Great question!

If you are looking for "known bugs" in a certain code version or to see if a bug is fixed in a certain version. You should look at the release notes. In there, there are two tables "resolved issues" and "known issues"

Deciding wether to upgrade to a knew code you really have to make a choice if the "resolved issues" outlined in the release notes out weight the impact of the "known issues" in the document.

New code is released to patch bugs and improve the system which is why i tend to upgrade to the latest code ASAP, but that is a personal preference. 

Certain/most codes undergo thorough testing and if they pass aruba "test procedure" they will be marked as a conservative release. It is always reccomended to go to the latest conservative release which you can find on the aruba support portal under the "conservative release" folder for the product you are looking for.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Upgrading firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 26, 2019 03:04 AM

can you help me as to where can i find the latest conservative release for a controller or switch? may be a link would be helpful?

• 4.  RE: Upgrading firmware

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 26, 2019 03:38 AM

You can grab firmwares from asp.arubanetworks.com