Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrading one standalone controller from 6.5 to 8.x , stuck at 95%

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Upgrading one standalone controller from 6.5 to 8.x , stuck at 95%

Posted Apr 01, 2020 06:34 AM

The documentation said that it wouldn't work with the migration-tool and a local to local master. We are two a small shop with just one 7205. Reading this thread I grabbed the gauntlet and went for it. I'm using the migration tool from 8.5.0.0 and started the upgrade from 6.5.4.13 to 8.5.0.0.

Everything seems OK, but the migration tool is still sitting with "SETTING LICENSES FEATURE BITS 95%" and a spinning wheel. It has been sitting there for half an hour now. I can see the licenses in the management console though.

Should I just wait?

The log-window has as a last message "cleaning passwords" something something and then Task MigrationTool.start_migration... MIGRATION COMPLETED... result SUCCESS.

That looks good to me, but it's still spinning at 95%

One good thing with the current situation is that I can have the controller down at daytime. Nobody's at the office using the wifi.

Stay strong

• 2.  RE: Upgrading one standalone controller from 6.5 to 8.x , stuck at 95%

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 02, 2020 10:39 AM

Maybe the tool lost access to the device? Have you asked TAC about this issue?

• 3.  RE: Upgrading one standalone controller from 6.5 to 8.x , stuck at 95%

Posted Apr 03, 2020 03:20 AM

Well the log said success. I have to open a case with TAC for other reasons. The web-ui seems to be missing a lot of info. Looking from the cli everything seems OK though.