Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

User Role Vlan Change

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  User Role Vlan Change

Posted Sep 05, 2013 02:36 PM

Hello, I have an aruba 7210 running 6.2.1.2.  I need to change the VLAN a user role is assigned to move to a larger vlan.  What impact will the change have?  If i make the change what happens to the users who are currently connected? It will be a different IP space.  Ideally i would like it to be non disruptive so that currently connected users stay connected till they disconnect on their own and then when they reconnect they get put into the new VLAN, but i am guessing that is not possible.  I would love to use a VLAN pool but as i discovered in my post yesterday, that wont work till software 6.3. Let me know if i need to clarify anything.  Thanks!

• 2.  RE: User Role Vlan Change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2013 02:49 PM

There WILL be a disruption and the clients will not know they are on a different VLAN, so their traffic will not go anywhere.  Schedule a window and do a "aaa user delete all" and they will all return in a few minutes.

• 3.  RE: User Role Vlan Change

Posted Sep 05, 2013 02:51 PM

I did not know about the delete all so that will be helpfull.  Thank you.

• 4.  RE: User Role Vlan Change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2013 02:53 PM

You execute that AFTER your change the VLAN, so that all users are kicked off...