Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

User idle timeout for Captive Portal Authentication

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  User idle timeout for Captive Portal Authentication

MVP
    Posted Dec 11, 2019 10:54 AM

Hi, we use captive portal authentication for our guest SSID. I'd like to set the User idle timeout value in the captive portal guest profile but the field is greyed out. I can click the Enable checkbox but as soon as I hit Save, then it becomes unchecked again. The seconds field remains greyed out.

Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: User idle timeout for Captive Portal Authentication

Posted Dec 17, 2019 09:18 PM

Ah.. Now I see your problem, must be becuase you are trying to execute this from a wrong level.

Please check the OS version:

#show switches --> If 6.x code, it will list out the Master and Locals, If 8.x Code will list out the MM and MDs

#show running-config | include master-ip --> Irrespective of the code, you will get the Master-IP, if you are on one of the Locals/MDs

Check the Master/MMs IP address, logon to the specific IP, then try again.

Or, you can go to the AAA profile of the Captive Portal Profile and try to change the User Idle Timer.

Or, you can change the Global TImer values, but remember this will affect the all other existing and upcoming AAA profiles.

With any of these above steps, this time it should definitely work.

If it is still not working, please share the screen-shot and outputs.

If possible, in the meantime, raise the TAC ticket as well.

Good Luck!!