Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Using Aruba Local DB for User Authentication and Bluecoat

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Using Aruba Local DB for User Authentication and Bluecoat

Posted Jan 29, 2013 08:30 AM

Hi, my network is running on workgroup and not running on domain. My users authenticate via 802.1x using the Aruba Controller's local-userdb. If I need to install a bluecoat proxysg 600 in my network, how can I use the existing Aruba Controller's local-userdb on the bluecoat proxysg 600 so that the end users do not have to log in twice?

• 2.  RE: Using Aruba Local DB for User Authentication and Bluecoat

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2013 07:42 PM

This is not possible, because the Bluecoat would have to allow or "see" authentication from the Aruba Controller.  You could have ONLY the Bluecoat device authenticate users and have the Aruba Controller just function as a passthrough...

• 3.  RE: Using Aruba Local DB for User Authentication and Bluecoat

Posted Feb 27, 2013 05:24 AM

If users are going to authenticate using the bluecoat, how do I set the Aruba Controller as a passthrough?

I have multi-sites running network on workgroup mode, the SSID is tied to the 802.1x. How would it work if I only want to implement bluecoat in my HQ?

The multiple sites are running their individual controllers, 3600 and 3200. My HQ is using a 620.