Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA 3.0 Customisation Switches

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VIA 3.0 Customisation Switches

Posted Jan 13, 2017 06:00 AM

Hi All,

Has anyone tried to deploy the VIA 3.0 MSI with customisation switches?

I can't for the life of me get it to work. 

Here's what I'm trying:

msiexec.exe /q /i C:\Users\james\Desktop\Via\ansetup64.msi GETCONFIG=1 GATEWAY=aruba-master.lab.lan AUTHPROFILE=default USER=james PASSWORD=mypassword NOCERTWARN=1

I did have different auth profiles but I've tried to simplify it by having all my profiles as default.

I'm still not 100% sure what the AUTHPROFILE value should be as there is conflicting information on the community.

Using the above command I can install the VIA client but no profile is provisioned. On top of that I'm unable to download a profile if I deploy the client using this method, the logs say "profile download failed". If I deploy the VIA client without these switches I'm able to download a profile using the same URL and credentials.

I've also attempted to insert the switches into the VIA 3.0 MSI using Orca but that failed in the same way as described above.

Also I've tested my switches on VIA 2.3.4 and they work on that version.

So, I'm wondering a few things...

1. Exactly what is the AUTHPROFILE value supposed to be? Is it the VIA Web Auth profile name? Is it the VIA authentication profile name? 
    2. Is there an issue with VIA 3.0?
    3. Have the switches changed in VIA 3.0?
    4. Am I doing something wrong? 

Can someone please clarify?

• 2.  RE: VIA 3.0 Customisation Switches
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 16, 2017 04:55 AM

VIA 3.0 doesn't have those MSI level switches enabled yet. It is known issue. Btw there are few enhacements will be coming, which may make deployment more easier.

Regards

• 3.  RE: VIA 3.0 Customisation Switches

Posted Jan 16, 2017 05:14 AM
    Thanks for letting me know. I couldn't see anything in the release notes to reflect this.

• 4.  RE: VIA 3.0 Customisation Switches

Posted Aug 28, 2019 05:27 AM

Nvm.