Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA - Answer scripts?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Jun 03, 2014 12:00 PM

Using SCCM to push out VIA to the user community and we're building the package now.  Does anyone have an answer script for the portion of the install that asks for the controller IP and domain username/password?  We want this deployment to be zero touch for our users and need a way to fully automate this entire rollout.  Thanks!

• 2.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 05, 2014 06:16 AM

Hi,

Installation can automatically download the profile for the user if appropriate command line parameters are provided. Valid command line parameters include

AUTHPROFILE

GATEWAY

USERNAME

PASSWORD

GETCONFIG

For Your case the syntax would be "msiexec.exe /i ansetup.msi GATEWAY=<Controller IP/name> AUTHPROFILE=<default/profilename> USERNAME=<username> PASSWORD=<password> GETCONFIG=1"

If you are mass deploying and you do not have a single credential set for all of the systems, then you can skip the USERNAME and PASSWORD parameters in the above syntax. VIA installation will prompt for those details from the currently logged on user.

-Nagendra

• 3.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 11:28 AM

Thanks for the info!

• 4.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Sep 18, 2014 01:16 PM

Hello, I've been trying to get the command line paramenters to work, but have had no luck. I contacted Aruba Support and they said a bug has been filed on this very issue. Have you been able to get it to work and if so, how? 

Thank you for your time!

• 5.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Sep 19, 2014 04:28 AM

Hi RCS,

Is there any specific command line option that is not working for you?

• 6.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Sep 19, 2014 11:37 AM

I've haven't been able to get the username and password fields to input: It will put in the gateway, but not username nor password. My full command is the following:

msiexec.exe /i ansetup64.msi /qn GATEWAY=X.X.X.X GETCONFIG=1 USER=XXXX PASSWORD=XXXX

• 7.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Sep 21, 2014 11:14 AM

RCS,

Try adding in the AUTHPROFILE parameter.  This parameter is mandatory for auto download of the profile when attempting from command line. Please see the message #2 above for syntax.

By the way, I could not able to connect to the ticket that support has opened for you. Please ask your support  contact to work with me.

Regards,

• 8.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Sep 23, 2014 11:53 AM

@Nagendra Rapaka wrote:

RCS,

Try adding in the AUTHPROFILE parameter.  This parameter is mandatory for auto download of the profile when attempting from command line. Please see the message #2 above for syntax.

By the way, I could not able to connect to the ticket that support has opened for you. Please ask your support  contact to work with me.

Regards,

Thanks Nagendra! Adding the AUTHPROFILE did the trick when installing it locally on the machine. Strange thing is, when we set this up to auto-deploy via the Microsoft SCCM server, it does not populate any of the information. Any ideas on why that is?

• 9.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Sep 23, 2014 12:41 PM

Sorry for the late reply on this, but it sounds like you got it working.  At any rate, my SCCM guy gave me this script, which is what he used to push this out to our user community:

@ echo off

if EXIST "c:\program files\Aruba Networks\Virtual Internet Agent\anuacui.exe" (GOTO END) ELSE (GOTO INSTALL)

:INSTALL

XCOPY \\[unc path to msi file] C:\windows\system /Y

cd c:\windows\system

msiexec.exe /i ansetup.msi GATEWAY=OUTSIDE IP OF YOUR VIA CLIENT or DNS NAME AUTHPROFILE=Via-Connection-Profile_0/VIA CONNECTION PROFILE NAME=[ad service account] PASSWORD=******** GETCONFIG=1 /q

:END

EXIT

• 10.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Sep 23, 2014 11:53 PM

Hi RCS,

Hope your issue is resolved. We can work on to see why the same does not work with SCCM in your environment.

We typically need to look at the msi logs and VIA logs to see if there is an error.  You will have to add "/l*v c:\temp\msilog.txt" to generate msi log while you attempt the install.

Thanks Ryan for the script.

• 11.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Oct 21, 2014 12:58 PM

Thanks both Ryan and Nagendra!  All your help has been greatly appreciated!

In working with Aruba support, they provided us with a never version (2.1.1.6 Beta) of the installer which seemed to do the trick. We are now able to push the client through SCCM. Thank you again for all your help! 

• 12.  RE: VIA - Answer scripts?

Posted Oct 21, 2014 01:51 PM

Good to know that the 2.1.1.6 beta worked for you. Just to let you know that 2.1.1.6 is out of beta now. You can get it from http://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Default.aspx?EntryId=15419