Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA Enablement

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VIA Enablement

Posted Nov 13, 2014 05:33 AM

Am I right in thinking that each controller must be licensed individually to use VIA i.e. I need a PEFV license for all my controllers, regardless of centralised licensing?

Once enabled I am able to connect upto the amount specified for the "VPN Server Module" amount?

• 2.  RE: VIA Enablement
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2014 07:20 AM

Correct, PEFV is not included in the centralized licensing setup.  You'll need PEFV on any controllers that will terminate VIA clients.    Once installed, the limit is based upon the number of IPsec tunnels the controller can support.

• 3.  RE: VIA Enablement

Posted Nov 13, 2014 07:28 AM

...also, if you plan on using HTTPS failback for VIA, those connections will consume 2 IPsec connections, so consider that in your maxium connection support per controller.

• 4.  RE: VIA Enablement

Posted Nov 13, 2014 07:35 AM

Perfect thank you

• 5.  RE: VIA Enablement

Posted Nov 13, 2014 10:43 AM

One more thing; if you run master/local topology, the master will also need PEFV on it to enable the VIA profiles (even if the controller will not terminate VIA clients).

• 6.  RE: VIA Enablement

Posted Nov 14, 2014 10:43 AM

We're running Master/Standby. I assume I still need two licenses in the event the master changes?

• 7.  RE: VIA Enablement

Posted Nov 14, 2014 01:04 PM

Yes; each controller in that case would need the license.