Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA LIC

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  VIA LIC

Posted Oct 31, 2013 09:06 AM

if i want to use VIA client , what licenses do we need :

LIC-ACR-8 Advanced Cryptography license for Aruba Mobility Controller (8 sessions)  

LIC-620-PEFV Policy Enforcement Firewall for Aruba 620 controller VIA agent

for the above , what is the difference ?

• 2.  RE: VIA LIC

Posted Oct 31, 2013 10:14 AM

To run VIA you COULD use PEF-V.   That will enable VIA users to have diverse/customized roles (one of the secret sauces of Aruba)

You would NOT use the ACR license.  That license is typically for Gov't deployment with FIPS and Suite B cryptography. Not something related to VIA client deployment typically ;)

JF

• 3.  RE: VIA LIC

Posted Oct 31, 2013 11:22 AM

Beginning with AOS 6.1 the PEFV license is required to use the VIA client.

Prior to 6.1 the PEFV license was an option but was highly desirable for the reasons Jason pointed out.

PEF-V is licensed per-controller and there is a part number for each controller model.  Ex. LIC-7210-PEFV

• 4.  RE: VIA LIC

MVP
    Posted Oct 31, 2013 11:37 AM

please ignore, wrong info in here

uh?

I'm using arubaos 6.3 with only PEFNG and am returning different roles through CPPM. Seems to work fine for me.

Granted, I'm probably not using each and every feature possible but I am curious what the PEF-V would add for me.

• 5.  RE: VIA LIC

Posted Oct 31, 2013 11:42 AM

uh?

I'm using arubaos 6.3 with only PEFNG and am returning different roles through CPPM. Seems to work fine for me.

Granted, I'm probably not using each and every feature possible but I am curious what the PEF-V would add for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure I understand.  Are you using the VIA Client without the PEFV license in AOS 6.3? 

PEFV is required to use the VIA client.

• 6.  RE: VIA LIC

MVP
    Posted Oct 31, 2013 11:44 AM

I do apologize.  I was under the impression we didn't have pef-v, seems we do.

Please ignore my previous post.

Quick question, if I have PEF-V, do I still need PEFNG to play with non-via user-roles?

• 7.  RE: VIA LIC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2013 12:57 PM

@KoenV wrote:

I do apologize.  I was under the impression we didn't have pef-v, seems we do.

Please ignore my previous post.

Quick question, if I have PEF-V, do I still need PEFNG to play with non-via user-roles?

You do NOT.