Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA Profile - Configuration update failed

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  VIA Profile - Configuration update failed

Posted Aug 02, 2020 01:57 PM

Hi all,

I have a working remote VPN setup for my users. It’s all working fine; just one little snag:

When VIA finishes connecting, it shows the following error in the logs - “Retrieving configuration from server.... failed“

I need to add a setting to everyone’s VIA profile; this is currently stopping them getting the new setting. 

The users have full access to the outside & inside (when connected on VPN) address. I know 443 is needed to make this connection. 

The certificate we gave the controller has no SAN name. Do you think this is a modern OS issue because the cert has no SAN?

it connects fine on the VPN; just this configuration check that keeps failing. 

Anyone have any ideas for this? 

• 2.  RE: VIA Profile - Configuration update failed
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2020 05:34 AM

I would check the logs on the client-side, easiest is to send the logs and extract them from the mail, to see if there is an indication in there.

Having a SAN (at least one with the same name as the CN) is needed for many applications. Changing that certificate to one that has a SAN would not hurt anyway.

• 3.  RE: VIA Profile - Configuration update failed

Posted Aug 10, 2020 07:41 AM

Thanks

I found out the windows firewall itself was blocking traffic to the inside address of the controller. We have quite a locked down set of rules and this wasn’t being allowed

thanks for your help