Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA XP Deployment issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VIA XP Deployment issues

Posted Dec 16, 2013 11:10 AM

We are having issues with XP systems with remote deployment of ArubaVia 32 bit MSI.

We start with Microsoft SCCM to pushout MSI with this command line:

msiexec.exe /q ALLUSERS=2 /m MSIIPRQV /i "ansetup32.msi" AUTOSTART=1

I don’t know what the /M flag is, our SCCM person said Aruba imported these flags automatically.  It failed on some XP systems.

One problem user, I uninstalled Aruba, then tried a simpler command line:

msiexec.exe /i "ansetup32.msi" /qb CUSTOMSTART=1 AUTOSTART=1

It failed with error code 1603, not clear why.  It also popped up invisible “hardware” and “software” installation dialog boxes that couldn’t be interacted with.  You had to click the blank box and hit space bar to continue.  Driver signing warnings are turned off.

I then tried a manual install on this user’s machine. It took a while and said ‘setup ended prematurely’.  After it failed I looked at device manager and it is filled with yellow exclamation points for Aruba Filter Driver Miniport attached to the various network adapters on the system.  It will not let you uninstall them.  On another user’s system I had to go into safe mode and use a procedure I found online to upgrade each ! to a generic device then remove it which took hours. It seems like once these defunct miniport drivers show up setup will bomb out due to a timeout error.

-What methods have you had success with rolling out 32 bit windows xp MSI for Via?  What command lines?

-Are you familiar with any of the miniport issues i've described or how to resolve them in a faster way?

-Do you have any other advice for smooth XP installs?

-Do you need the MaxNumFilters reg tweak on XP? (we use it for win7, thought it not necessary for XP)

Thank you all so much

-Mike

• 2.  RE: VIA XP Deployment issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2013 05:28 PM

Hi Mike,

Would you please open a case with our support who can assist you in this matter?  There seems to be some incompatibility that may be occurring or something missed in the install.  Either way, a support case will be your most efficient avenue

• 3.  RE: VIA XP Deployment issues

Posted Dec 16, 2013 05:31 PM

Thanks for replying.  I did open a case, I haven't had much luck with Support lately and was hoping to find some real world experience or possibly people who have encountered this issue before or had insight into best practices for deploying via to xp.

• 4.  RE: VIA XP Deployment issues

Posted Sep 23, 2014 11:46 AM

@mikeabim wrote:

Thanks for replying.  I did open a case, I haven't had much luck with Support lately and was hoping to find some real world experience or possibly people who have encountered this issue before or had insight into best practices for deploying via to xp.

Hi Mikeabim,

Did you ever find out a resolution for this? We are currently having a similar issue using System Center 2012 R2 and Windows 7/8/. If we perform the install locally on the computer itself, it populates the fields just fine. As soon as we try to complete the install from SCCM, it does not populate any of the fields. 

Many thanks in advance!