Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA client crashes Win7

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VIA client crashes Win7

Posted Apr 11, 2012 07:16 AM

I installed VIA 2.1 for Windows on a Windows 7 64bit system to do some testing.

Everytime I hit login the client crashes...anyone else experiencing this or is it my test machine?

Update: I also installed the VIA 2.1 client on a Windows XP 32bit laptop, same problem.

Might have something to do with the fact that i've not prepared the controller (6.1.2.4) for VIA clients at all.

Back to RTFM ;-)

• 2.  RE: VIA client crashes Win7

Posted Apr 12, 2012 12:08 AM

Hi,

Could you please send diagnostic using "Send Log" button to dl-via-dev@arubanetworks.com?

Regards,

Anand Choubey 

• 3.  RE: VIA client crashes Win7

Posted Apr 12, 2012 04:20 PM

Yep will do.

• 4.  RE: VIA client crashes Win7

Posted Oct 29, 2012 12:47 AM

Is there any update on this issue?  

I have had the VIA client working before, and currently, on a Windows 7 64 bit system but now I am running into this same problem.

I have tried 2 versions of VIA to see if it was the version or not; versions 2.1.0.2 and 2.1.1.0 both crash.  

The machine that it is crashing on has a new install of Windows 7.  Before the re-install of Windows, the VIA client WAS running version 2.1.0.2 without fail.  The only change was hard drive replacement.

• 5.  RE: VIA client crashes Win7

Posted Oct 29, 2012 01:10 AM

And...nevermind, I tried the version of the client that was on our controller for download instead of just grabbing it out of my files and now it is working....however, I did find that if you let your eval license expire, it erases all configuration for via that you did have...annoying...