Wireless Access

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

VIA vpn - machine authentication

Hello GURUs, 

I went through VIA appnote, and I didn't find the answer to the below question, 

Can we do machine authentication through VIA vpn? if so can we do that? 

In addition, I have basically 3 connection profiles, each with specific setup, is there a way to show only a specific profile for specific users? 

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: VIA vpn - machine authentication

Domain pre-connect is the "machine authentication" you might be looking for:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/What-is-Domain-Pre-connect-in-VIA-and-how-does-it-work/ta-p/184550

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/VIA-Pre-Connect-option/td-p/114155

EDIT;  Please see the attached document for details on configuring VIA.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Nice docs reference, 

I can see the feature is supported just with IKEv2, I'm currently using IKEv1 with MFA, so pre-conn won't work for my case? 

Besides, I think Pre-conn option won't prevent a non-domain PC from being connected to the VPN, right? 

Regards,

Thanks.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

It is only supported with IKEv2.

It will not prevent a non-domain pc from connecting.  You would probably have to configure certificates-only authentication to do that effectively.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

I'm not sure if cert-only authentication will be supported by DUO, because DUO uses only PAP as an auth method. 

any idea? 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Well noted !! 

another question here is there a way to have separate "VIA web auth", for instance, let's say 2 FQDNs each will prompt a specific connection profile to the VIA client

feasible? 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: