Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA, why bother with 64bit?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VIA, why bother with 64bit?

MVP
    Posted May 24, 2012 09:32 AM

For users using non 64 bit browers on 64 bit computers the autodetection from VIA often offers the 32 bit VIA client.

Is there a real downside to using this 32 bit client for both 32 and 64 bit machines?

• 2.  RE: VIA, why bother with 64bit?

Posted May 24, 2012 09:35 AM

The question should be: why not listing the available VIA clients on the controller? Or at least let the admin enable listing.

• 3.  RE: VIA, why bother with 64bit?

MVP
    Posted May 24, 2012 09:40 AM

You can actualy list them all if you want.. takes a bit of scripting (see "Re-branding VIA and Downloading the Installer" in the manual) but then you get confused clients which may give you even more headaches :)

• 4.  RE: VIA, why bother with 64bit?

Posted May 24, 2012 09:44 AM

@KoenV wrote:

You can actualy list them all if you want.. takes a bit of scripting (see "Re-branding VIA and Downloading the Installer" in the manual) but then you get confused clients which may give you even more headaches :)

Thanks! :) Gonna try that...

--edit--

Just checked that part of the manual and it's the one I had already read. I can't get a listing of all available clients that I've made available.

• 5.  RE: VIA, why bother with 64bit?

MVP
    Posted May 24, 2012 10:57 AM

Haven't actually tried this since I don't want users calling me with questions on which version to install but when you browse to Configuration > Advanced Services > VPN Services > VIA tab there's a section "Customize Welcome HTML". 

You should be able to upload really any HTML file you want and that gets served to the clients connection to HTTPS://controller/via no? If you put a few simple a href links to your files you can display them that way.. I think.