Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA with an Iphone

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VIA with an Iphone

Posted Mar 08, 2012 03:15 PM

I currently have VIA working with my windows machine but have some issues with split tunnleing on my Iphone/Ipad. Seems to be a DNS issue

What is the recommended controller code for VIA on a 6000 series controller

We are running 5.0.3.3

• 2.  RE: VIA with an Iphone

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2012 03:23 PM

VIA does not allow you to do split using firewall policies; only by doing configuring  subnet(s) that you want tunneled.  You can decide what traffic you want tunneled as opposed to local by using the via connection profile:

split.jpg

• 3.  RE: VIA with an Iphone
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 08, 2012 04:12 PM

VIA for iOS and VIA for MacOS is supported only in ArubaOS 6.1 and above.

Regards,

Sathya

• 4.  RE: VIA with an Iphone

Posted Mar 09, 2012 06:39 AM

Thanks for the info. I will upgrade the controller.

• 5.  RE: VIA with an Iphone

Posted Mar 09, 2012 06:43 AM

The actual issue is with the Iphone not resolving dns properly.

I have the corporate networks set up and everything is working except internal .com sites

I am upgrading the controller from 5.0 to 6.0 code as recommended to see if this fixes the issue

thanks 

• 6.  RE: VIA with an Iphone

Posted Mar 09, 2012 12:41 PM

I have seen a similar issue with VIA for iOS when there are two domains in the DNS suffixs parameter of the VIA connection profile. See whether having a single domain in this parameter solves the issue.

via dns suffix.png

Regards,

Sathya

• 7.  RE: VIA with an Iphone

Posted Mar 14, 2012 02:17 PM

I have our corporate dns list in the profile. I upgraded the controller to 6.1.2.6.

We still cannot resolve dns with the Iphone app. It still uses the dns of the provider (3G and or home ISP. It works with my windows machine so it appears the issue is with the APP or the device not the controller

one note it is only internal corporate sites that use .com suffix's that are only internal in the domain.

Thanks for all  of the help.