Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

VPN Controller Redundancy Solution Needed

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a PoC lab.  I have a 7010 controller with a VPN connection over an ISP to a 7220 RAP controller.  This is not a branch config.  Just a standard VPN configuration both controllers are masters.  AOS 6.5.0.2

Behind the RAP controller is my corporate network.  I have static routes on the Cisco LAN switches for the VPN controller pointing to the RAP controller.  The RAP controller has static routes as well pointing to the VPN tunnel.

I have multiple RAP controllers and I could purchase a secondary ISP connection if needed.  I also know I can build multiple VPN connections to different RAP controllers.  I am looking for some redundancy and most efficient routing of traffic.  

Is there a way for me to setup dynamic routing and failover so I can have at least two VPN tunnels to the remote VPN site?  As it stands right now I would have to have the static routes on the Cisco LAN manully moved.  Any advice please?

Guru Elite

Re: VPN Controller Redundancy Solution Needed

In general if you want dynamic routing, you should configure OSPF between those controllers and your infrastructure.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Regular Contributor I

Re: VPN Controller Redundancy Solution Needed

Thanks I was expecting OSPF to be the responce I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything else I hadn't been made aware of yet.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: