Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Verifying Encryption type of Client Association.

Hello,

I'm looking for a command that shows on the VMC what type of encryption (WPA, WPA2, WEP, Open...) a client is using to connect to a network profile.

I am aware of the command "show auth-tracebuf" which shows in the last row the encryption type, but I am searching for a command that simply shows the current security encryption client is using to stay connected to a network. Is there such a command?

Edit: I'm running an MM-VMC setup with two APs connected to VMC.

Guru Elite

Re: Verifying Encryption type of Client Association.

show dot1x supplicant-info list-all

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Awesome it works. Thanks! For open, the table's empty because there's no encryption type right?

MVP Guru

Have you tried the below, this will show you the ESSID which is broadcasting along with the encryption type.

show ap essid

To my knowledge I don't know if there is a command to view what the encryption type the client is attempting to connect/configured with

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Yes, that command is helpful too if you want to show the essid's encryption type. But I was looking for a command that shows what encryption type client is using to connect to a profile and "show dot1x supplicant-info list-all" does that by showing client MAC along with the specific encryption type. Thank you for your input.

Guru Elite

@Saikat wrote:

Awesome it works. Thanks! For open, the table's empty because there's no encryption type right?

Correct.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: