Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Version 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0 bug? - RADIUS Server Key in clear text

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Version 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0 bug? - RADIUS Server Key in clear text

Posted Jul 06, 2017 09:23 PM

"show summary" or "show configuration" output has the RADIUS server key encrypted.

But "show stats network <SSID>" output has the RADIUS server key in clear text!

• 2.  RE: Version 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0 bug? - RADIUS Server Key in clear text

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2017 04:00 AM

Thanks for letting this known. I see the same here.

While the command show configuration no-encrypt does give you the radius key as well, and the obfuscation is more to prevent passwords/keys from accidentally appearing in command output; I would like you to ask to open a TAC case for this issue and send me the ticket/case number in a personal message so I can follow up internally. If you can't open a TAC case, please also send me a personal message.

• 3.  RE: Version 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0 bug? - RADIUS Server Key in clear text
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:02 AM

@pok wrote:

"show summary" or "show configuration" output has the RADIUS server key encrypted.

wrote:

We have opened a bug for this.  Thank you for letting us know.

• 4.  RE: Version 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0 bug? - RADIUS Server Key in clear text

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 11:11 AM

This should be fixed in the upcoming 6.5.4.0 and 4.3.1.5