Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Very Weak signal on the balcony

Hello - I have 3 AP-215 on the main floor of our apartment and 1 AP-277 on the rooftop.  we get good coverage but as soon as we go on the balcony, beyond the floor to ceiling glass wall, we have a very weak signal.  I am attaching screenshot of the current configuration and I am wondering if there is some setting I can change to get a better signal strength on the balcony.  

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Very Weak signal on the balcony

According to this, all the clients connected to this AP should be fine.

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 17.49.39.png

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Simply you can increase the maximum and minimum transmission power of Radios. But careful about interferences.

example : min: 18dbm ,Max : 23dbm

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
Network Engineer -Enterprise System Solution @PlexusGlobal
ACMP | ACSP | ACCA | MCSA
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

I appreciate your suggestion.  I made the change. Can you please take a look at the attached picture and let me know what you think?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Guru Elite

According to this, all the clients connected to this AP should be fine.

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 17.49.39.png

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Glass coating, for example to keep the heat out (or in) can block the RF signal. A quick check that you can do is measure the signal strength that you get from your AP with the door opened, or just inside the glass and compare that to the signal strength just outside the glass. It could be that the glass is blocking the signal and you may need to have an AP reaching the other side of the glass if coverage is needed there.

You can use 'the bars' in the WiFi signal or use an app like InSSIDer (Windows), Aruba Utilities (Android), WiFiAnalyzer (Android) to get a more accurate signal strength number.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: