Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Very basic setup: HP Print trouble, NetFlix (on iPhone) trouble, Apple HomeKit trouble

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Very basic setup: HP Print trouble, NetFlix (on iPhone) trouble, Apple HomeKit trouble

Posted Dec 20, 2016 02:14 AM

Hi,

I've got a very minimalistic setup (1x IAP103) which covers only a simple SoHo network. 1 VLAN with Bonjour and DLNA enabled. Also all AirGroup Services are enabled.

The troubles that i'm facing:

1) Can connect to HP Printer on IP (open webpage) but can't print from Windows (error connecting to printer)

--> Printing from Mac works fine

2) Can stream via Android Netflix towards Chromecast but CAN'T from IOS Netflix towards Chromecast

3) Can't find my Philips Hue with Apple Homekit but CAN find it via the Hue App.

All these vague problems are 100% related to the Aruba since all of the above things work whenever I use another access point.

I'n my opinion there's something not working correct in the AirGroup but I really cant seem to find out what's the problem.

I'm running latest version: 6.4.2.6-4.1.3.0_54915

Anyone who recognizes these problems or can maybe point me out to something to check?

Many thanks,

Kenneth

ps. Firewall is off, and all other protection options as well.

• 2.  RE: Very basic setup: HP Print trouble, NetFlix (on iPhone) trouble, Apple HomeKit trouble

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 02:20 AM

Do you have "Broadcast Filtering" on in the advanced section of the SSID?

• 3.  RE: Very basic setup: HP Print trouble, NetFlix (on iPhone) trouble, Apple HomeKit trouble

Posted Dec 20, 2016 02:26 AM

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've checked: Broadcast Filtering is set to ARP (guess thats default then)

• 4.  RE: Very basic setup: HP Print trouble, NetFlix (on iPhone) trouble, Apple HomeKit trouble
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2016 02:32 AM

Set it to "None" "Disabled", and try again.

• 5.  RE: Very basic setup: HP Print trouble, NetFlix (on iPhone) trouble, Apple HomeKit trouble

Posted Dec 20, 2016 02:38 AM

I've set it to Disabled and will check whenever I'm back home... my printer isn't on so can't test right now ;)

I've read upon this setting and i'm hopefull that this solves my problem.

• 6.  RE: Very basic setup: HP Print trouble, NetFlix (on iPhone) trouble, Apple HomeKit trouble

Posted Dec 21, 2016 12:57 AM

That did the trick for most of the issues (only Netflix is still not working from iOS device to Chromecast (no symbol, while i do have a symbol in for instance Youtube)... maybe thats another problem then.