Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Via sometimes credentials

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Via sometimes credentials

Posted Dec 07, 2012 04:11 PM

I have VIA up and running and on IOS and Android devices it will use the default-via-role, however when i use the OSX client it will grab the role from the internal DB account.    Why the difference between connections?

Running 6.1.2.3 of code.

As a bonus question, i upload custom logo to the <controlerip>/via  page and it still uses aruba logo for initiail login screen. 

• 2.  RE: Via sometimes credentials

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2012 04:31 PM

@mattjhughes wrote:

I have VIA up and running and on IOS and Android devices it will use the default-via-role, however when i use the OSX client it will grab the role from the internal DB account.    Why the difference between connections?

Running 6.1.2.3 of code.

As a bonus question, i upload custom logo to the <controlerip>/via  page and it still uses aruba logo for initiail login screen. 

The MAC OSX Clients uses the Default VPN role, for now, because it uses the mac L2tp vpn client.  That will be changed eventually.

Please see the VIA vrd here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/VIAAppNote_2012-06-11.pdf

• 3.  RE: Via sometimes credentials

Posted Dec 07, 2012 05:10 PM

All users are coming from a internal db.  They all had the role set to guest.    However when the user would login from the ios device they would receive the role of default-via-role.  But when same user logs in using the OSX they would recieve the role specified in their internalDB user profile "guest".  Shouldn't they instead recieve the role  default-vpn-user?

• 4.  RE: Via sometimes credentials
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2012 05:59 PM

If the server group attached to the VPN authentication is pointing to the internal database, and has a rule "value-of  blah blah" that means it will take the role of the user in the internal database.

• 5.  RE: Via sometimes credentials

Posted Dec 07, 2012 06:29 PM

yup that was the problem, looks like I had dropped that line.  Thanks so much.