Wireless Access

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor I

Viewing blocked traffic for a client in AOS 8

With ArubaOS 6.x you could see the blocked traffic for a client in the WebGUI at Monitoring > Clients section. If you went one level deeper you had the allowed and blocked traffic of a recent time window.

With ArubaOS 8.x i seem to have lost this functionality. Is that correct or am i looking in the wrong place?

Is there an easy alternative? i can make up somethings myself (deny all ACL with logging turned on) but i would like something that with one CLI command or GUI section that shows me this.

Guru Elite

Re: Viewing blocked traffic for a client in AOS 8

show datapath session table <ip address of client>

I would guess that they removed it from the GUI, because the output of that could easily be hundreds of lines...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Trusted Contributor I

thanks, kinda looking for the im ashamed smiley, i tried this but on the wrong device (MM) and got nothing then. tried it on the MD with the client on it and perfect.

Guru Elite

No need to be ashamed, because it is not obvious.  Remember that on the MM, the client will have a controller ip address, and that is where you would run the command.  if you are clustering, a client is always anchored to the same controller regardless of what access point the client roams to.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: