Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Virtual Internet Access (VIA)

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Virtual Internet Access (VIA)

Posted Jun 11, 2019 02:39 PM

Hello,

I've a question about VIA tunnel terminations:

As I can see in the VIA guide, I've to map a Public IP to an Internal IP but in case of a cluster (AOS8.4):

Should I have one Public IP for each controller and map them to my controllers-IPs?

Or could I have just one Public IP for both controllers and map it to a dedicated VRRP VIP?

I haven't seen any documentation about implementing VIA on a controller cluster. Could you help me please?

Regards

• 2.  RE: Virtual Internet Access (VIA)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2019 02:45 PM

You should have a static 1:1 nat to a single VIA controller.  You configure your pool on the same controller.  I am not aware of clustering for VIA traffic.

• 3.  RE: Virtual Internet Access (VIA)

Posted Jun 11, 2019 03:09 PM

Thank you for your fast answer,

Then my VIA client is aware about both Publics IPs and will failover if it can't reach the 1st one?

In this case, how is it possible to manage load balancing?

Thank you

• 4.  RE: Virtual Internet Access (VIA)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2019 03:29 PM

The VIA client is not aware of clustering.  You terminate it on the public ip address (or natted public ip address of a single controller).  The via connection profile (when your VIA client first connects) will download a list of VIA controller ips.  You can do a 1:1 nat of the second controller and enter the public ip address of the second controller into the VIA connection profile for redundancy.  That list will be downloaded the first time the VIA client connects and can be used for redundancy.  There is no connection to clustering in a VIA deployment.

• 5.  RE: Virtual Internet Access (VIA)

Posted Jun 13, 2019 06:04 AM

Hello,

Tank you for your replies.

best regards

• 6.  RE: Virtual Internet Access (VIA)

Posted Sep 26, 2019 06:28 PM

Thanks all for your responses. i was having similar questions and your answers were helpful to me.