Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Virtual Internet Access (VIA)

Hello,

I've a question about VIA tunnel terminations:

As I can see in the VIA guide, I've to map a Public IP to an Internal IP but in case of a cluster (AOS8.4):

Should I have one Public IP for each controller and map them to my controllers-IPs?

Or could I have just one Public IP for both controllers and map it to a dedicated VRRP VIP?

I haven't seen any documentation about implementing VIA on a controller cluster. Could you help me please?

Regards

Guru Elite

Re: Virtual Internet Access (VIA)

You should have a static 1:1 nat to a single VIA controller.  You configure your pool on the same controller.  I am not aware of clustering for VIA traffic.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Thank you for your fast answer,

Then my VIA client is aware about both Publics IPs and will failover if it can't reach the 1st one?

In this case, how is it possible to manage load balancing?

Thank you

Guru Elite

The VIA client is not aware of clustering.  You terminate it on the public ip address (or natted public ip address of a single controller).  The via connection profile (when your VIA client first connects) will download a list of VIA controller ips.  You can do a 1:1 nat of the second controller and enter the public ip address of the second controller into the VIA connection profile for redundancy.  That list will be downloaded the first time the VIA client connects and can be used for redundancy.  There is no connection to clustering in a VIA deployment.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Hello,

Tank you for your replies.

best regards

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks all for your responses. i was having similar questions and your answers were helpful to me.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: