Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Visual RF 8.0 design question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Visual RF 8.0 design question

Posted Oct 30, 2017 03:40 PM

Hello,

I have a pdf to import into Visual RF and I know the bldg is 80,000 sq ft. I do not have a cad drawing to take an accurate measurement between two points to input into Visual RF for the measurement step. 

Any workarounds to figure out this measurement step with only the pdf drawing and the knowledge of the 80,000 sq foot overal measurement?

Thank you,

• 2.  RE: Visual RF 8.0 design question

Posted Oct 31, 2017 04:47 AM

If I'm not provided measurements by a customer I go for the google maps approach. I find it more accurate than measuring a door as any mistakes in this method are magnified.

• 3.  RE: Visual RF 8.0 design question

Posted Oct 31, 2017 07:31 AM

What's the Google map approach? I will usually measure a doorway or they usually have a scale at the bottom

• 4.  RE: Visual RF 8.0 design question

Posted Oct 31, 2017 07:36 AM
    If there's a scale, use the scale 100% of the time.

The Google maps approach is to find the building you're working with on Google maps and measure it on there! I would generally recommend measuring the longest wall or distance that you can find.

Using a door shouldn't really be used IMO as the potential for inaccuracy is huge.