Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF 8.0.4 not working. 4 seperate visualrf processes shown running on gui

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VisualRF 8.0.4 not working. 4 seperate visualrf processes shown running on gui

Posted Sep 25, 2014 02:48 PM

Recently upgraded to 8.0.4 and noticed the same persistent issues with visual rf not working occasionally. It was observed that on the system tab of the GUI, there are 3 different visualrf processes that are running at any giving time. However only one of them has a "ok" status, and the other two will say "disabled" or otherwise. Could these be causing an issue that I have been having since the first upgrade to 8.0.0?

• 2.  RE: VisualRF 8.0.4 not working. 4 seperate visualrf processes shown running on gui

Posted Sep 25, 2014 08:46 PM

As far as I can tell that seems to be normal, or at least not something that necessarily trashing the system as ours is running OK.

Last time I filed a TAC case, the tech undid some previous tuning done on 8.0.3 and lower and freed up one CPU from "Monitoring Processes" duty, so it was set to # of CPUs minus one.  You may want to have TAC look over your settings and make sure they are still correct for 8.0.4.

• 3.  RE: VisualRF 8.0.4 not working. 4 seperate visualrf processes shown running on gui

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Do the extra processes persist if you restart VisualRF?

VRF restart:

From VisualRF Setup -> toggle VisualRF Enabled = no, save, wait 3-5 min, then toggle VisualRF Enabled = yes, save.

• 4.  RE: VisualRF 8.0.4 not working. 4 seperate visualrf processes shown running on gui

Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:36 AM
    yes it does persist after restarting. I have tried multiple different ways to "fix" this issue. Every fix has seemed to be only temporary, with issues arising with visualrf every couple hours. After restarting visualrf or amp, I get anywhere between 30 minutes to a full day of visualrf working correctly. Eventually visualrf crashes and fails to load though.?

-Ryan Mayo

• 5.  RE: VisualRF 8.0.4 not working. 4 seperate visualrf processes shown running on gui

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:44 AM

If that's the case, the next step should be to open a support case.  That way they can start the path of collecting logs before escalating to VisualRF engineering.