Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF - AP neighbors appear for controller sites, not for iAP sites

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VisualRF - AP neighbors appear for controller sites, not for iAP sites

Posted Mar 20, 2013 08:00 PM

We think we used to see AP neighbor relations shown in VisualRF (line indicating the signal strength with which each AP sees the neighboring APs) for our iAP sites.

Thinking that VisualRF had just gotten tired, I stopped and restarted.

Still seeing the signal-lines for controller based sites, and not for iAP.

Feature/Bug/Mis-understanding?

• 2.  RE: VisualRF - AP neighbors appear for controller sites, not for iAP sites

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2013 03:57 PM

I'm going to look into this.  I don't currently see anything in the background XML for AP to AP relationships, but will update when I find the answer.

• 3.  RE: VisualRF - AP neighbors appear for controller sites, not for iAP sites
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2013 05:51 PM

Update:

This is a feature request to file in the Ideas Portal: to see AP neighbors for Instant APs.  The functionality to include AP neighbor lines hasn't been built yet.

• 4.  RE: VisualRF - AP neighbors appear for controller sites, not for iAP sites

Posted Apr 12, 2013 06:31 PM

I'll correct you RGin, the AP neighborship is back now.

Our iAP sites now happily show how loudly each iAP hears it's neighbor in VisualRF -- it appears only to show 2.4GHz, and not 5 so I may still need to open a feature request.