Wireless Access

New Contributor

VisualRF Discontinued

Hi,

I've just noticed that the latest version of VisualRF (v8) is discontinued. What's the replacement to this when we want to do desktop RF surveys?

Thanks

Re: VisualRF Discontinued

There is no planned replacement. You can still do predictive surveys within AirWave, but for a standalone desktop version, there is none (unless you want to run an AirWave VM on your laptop). We recommend Ekahau for standalone planning software if it's required. Other less expensive solutions are out there, but accuracy is hit or miss.

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME
New Contributor

That's a shame, but thanks Jerrod.

New Contributor

So I'm trying to make sure I get this straight.  In AirWave's development plan Visual RF has been dropped from future support, and there is no plan to provide a product that replaces that functionality?  If that is the case, how do we as loyal customers push back on that decision?  Many of us don't like one thing or another about the Visual RF part of Aruba Airwave, but it does serve various purposes to us all.  Please let me know what the story is.

Thanks,

Pat R.

Guru Elite

This thread is referring to The VisualRF Windows APP, NOT Visual RF in Airwave.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank You for your reply. I was very concerned. I appreciate your
taking time to clear up my confusion.
Pat R.