Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF HeatMap Issue

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  VisualRF HeatMap Issue

Posted May 20, 2015 12:29 PM

I am having issues with the Heatmap not displaying.  I have to turn it off and on again to fix it.  Sometime, the heatmap appears as squared, at other times, it is very blocky and pixelated.  

I really don't know how to trouble this issue. I have tried turning the heatmap on and off, and also changing grid size.   Is this a bug?

Thanks

Tuan

• 2.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2015 08:58 AM

If this is within Airwave, please upgrade to 8.0.8.1 and retest

• 3.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

Posted May 21, 2015 11:43 AM

Hi Seth, 

Thank you for replying to my question.  I am currently running Airwave v.8.0.7.1  Do you think upgrading to .8.1 help?  I called support yesterday, and the engineer did something that I was not familiar with, he added boundaries to the site.  I read the documentation, and it did not mention the need to add boundaries.  

Tuan

• 4.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2015 11:44 AM

Yes!  There are several VisualRF fixes in 8.0.8+

• 5.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

Posted Jul 01, 2015 02:31 AM

Hello,

we are running 8.0.8.1 and the issue is not solved. There is no heatmap shown after you added a deployed device.

Please let us know when it will be fixed. 

Or is it working in a previous  version?

Regards

Michael

• 6.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2015 04:08 AM

mseiler,

Do you have the heatmap layer turned on, along with the devices you want displayed?

If not, please open a case, because you could have an issue specific to your deployment.  It has worked for most people for awhile.

heatmap.png

• 7.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

Posted Aug 06, 2015 08:38 AM

Floors with recently deployed APs were not showing heatmaps for me.  Toggling visualrf on/of did not help.  Upgrading to 8.0.9 resolved my issue.  Can you try this?

• 8.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

Posted Jun 16, 2016 03:40 PM

Hello Folks,

It seems i am also facing a relatable issue. In my case however, the heatmap is not one would expect for  a designed floor plan. Strangely, this occurs only on the Airwaves Visual RF which has had the plan imported but not on a local desktop standalone installation of Visual RF which shows a more tangible result for heatwave. 

I have attached part of a floor plan for a building which shows significant difference in heatmap generated by the Airwaves Visual RF vs. Local(Standalone) Visual RF. 

Airwave Visual RF:

AMP_VRF_Heatmap.PNG

Local(Standalone) Visual RF:

Local_VRF_Heatmap.PNG

Can someone explain why this is as it seems rather a grave error and unreliability in Visual RF design software algorithm which is part of the Airwave Management System. 

I am using the AirWave Management Platform version 8.2.0.1, which is the latest version to my understanding.

Thank you,

• 9.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

Posted Sep 01, 2016 12:32 PM

Just to lead weight to  aramadur's reply we too are seeing the same results as shown in the image "Airwave Visual RF". Are VisualRF is server based and used to monitor remote locations all over the UK. We are using an older version and were planning on upgrading to see if it fixed the issue.

Extremely disappointed to read that version 8.2.0.1 is no better.

• 10.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

Posted Sep 01, 2016 01:13 PM

Hey Kris,

Thanks for adding the weight. Yes we are still facing this issue since I posted it. It seems to be a memory issue which Aruba Airwaves folks are supposedly acting blind to. 

I got Aruba TAC on the line for this and all they did was change the memory and cores allocated to VRF in AMP. This started throwing off other alerts as our AMP is a VM. The TAC doubled the memory allocation to Visual RF in AMP and that seemed to satisfy VRF for a few hours..if not days. At the end, it still complained that it didnt have enough memory and 'Communication timed out' messages.

One quick workaround to try is to restart the Visual RF service on your AMP server. That generally gets the heatmaps right. 

Aruba does state somewhere how much memory/cores to allocate based on # of buildings and despite having followed their reccomendation, we are still facing this issue! :(

• 11.  RE: VisualRF HeatMap Issue

Posted Sep 13, 2016 06:27 AM

where to get the 8.0.8.x ? I only find Aruba_VisualRF_Plan_8.0.rc1_b496.exe (Windows Installer)