Wireless Access

New Contributor

Re: VisualRF - can't add building

Ok.  Thanks for the heads up!

/first time user of Aruba wireless

//from Cisco world....doh

Regular Contributor II

It's still hit or miss, so it may be a PC issue?  There are times when everything loads fine and others that the VisualRF page loads with all the fonts and icons overlapping each other.  Sometimes I can access and use it from my desktop without any issues and others that I have to pull out my laptop and use that to add a building and floorplan, then switch back to my desktop to add the walls and other editing.  Given that behavior, I'd have to say it isn't an issue with Airwave at all.

Both have the same version of IE 9.0.8112.16421, update 9.0.15.

It isn't a big deal to switch PCs when I have issues.  It wouldn't be the first time that there was something on my desktop that caused some strange behavior.  It's probably getting time to reimage it anyway.

I'd also suggest using Firefox over IE.  Firefox is the default browser used by the developers.  While QA tests on Firefox, Chrome, IE, and Safari.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Regular Contributor II

Thanks, I'll give that a try.  A while back there was an issue with Firefox - some of the options just didn't display, which is why I started using IE for Airwave (the only reason I use IE) - don't remember which version of Firefox or Airwave that was, but I'm sure Firefox has been updated at least 7 times since then! ;)

If it continues to not work, open a support case because it really should work regardless of browser (as long as browser is relatively up to date - no IE6/7 please)

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Thanks Rob.  Wish I could afford the time to troubleshoot this, but I'm fairly certain it's an isolated issue with 2 PCs.

I'm still having issues on my main desktop and a server that I use for adminstrative functions, but it works fine on all the other PCs that I've tested.  At some point I might have some time to look at the systems and figure out what they have in common that might be causing the issue, but for now I'll deal with creating buildings on one PC and actual work from my main.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: