Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??

Posted Jun 27, 2013 01:55 PM

We model our stores in VisualRF and then provide the model to our installer to show where to put accesspoints etc.

Previously we've drawn a pretty map and placed planned accesspoints then editing their deploy info to make the plan look like our actual plan.

We upgraded to 7.6.5 since the last plan was drawn, and are now planning again.

Instead of getting to enter signal strength etc, all we get now are notes -- is this a bug or a feature?

VisualRF-EditDeployInfo.png

• 2.  RE: VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2013 03:51 PM
      |   view attached

**EDIT**EDIT**EDIT**

If the AP you select to 'Edit Deploy Info' is a deployed AP, then you will only see Notes.

If the AP you select is a planned AP, then you should see the full options.

planned.jpg

If you're not seeing the other options, you may have been affected by DE15195 (an issue with planned APs) - for which there's a patch.

To patch:

Step 1: Save the attached QuickView.swf file (the attachments didn't like swf, so I added it as a zip -> extract the swf file before uploading into AMP)

Step 2: Move the old file:

# mv /var/www/html/swf/QuickView.swf /var/www/html/swf/QuickView.swf.old

Step 3: Upload QuickView.swf into /var/www/html/swf/

Do not run 'make' as that will undo the change and revert back to the original swf.  The fix will also be included when a 7.6.6 is built.

Note : Recently uploaded media files are still processing:

• 334C9185-7264-4594-874D-34EC3ED54BB1-1-QuickView.zip

• 3.  RE: VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??

Posted Jun 28, 2013 04:57 PM

That was exactly it.  Planned APs have edit dialog now!

Right as I was opening a case with Technical Support.

--Matthew

• 4.  RE: VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??

Posted Jul 09, 2013 07:01 AM

We have also recently upgraded to 7.6.5 and it looks like all our deployed AP are now missing the Monitor button on the AP when we click on them. We used to have it before and it is useful to move from RF View into the AP view. Can you please let me know how we can get the monitor button back when we click on the deployed AP on the VisualRF heatmaps ?

-Tan

• 5.  RE: VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2013 10:39 AM

Monitor / Manage links should still be visible.  Are you highlighting a planned or provisioned AP?  Under the properties tab, you should see the links for monitor / manage above the 'focus on ap' button.

provisionedap.jpg

• 6.  RE: VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??

Posted Jul 09, 2013 10:54 AM

Hi Rob,

The monitor link is not showing up. When i click / focus on one particular AP while I am on the properties tab, I no longer see the monitor link. I tried on different browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE) and all is showing the same result. I have also tried to restart my RF engine, and it is showing the same thing as well.

AirWave Management Platform_2013-07-09_15-42-28.png

• 7.  RE: VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2013 01:40 PM

@HTan2

I haven't been able to reproduce what you're seeing.  A few things to check:

1 -> what's your user role?  is it amp admin, or is it a limited role?

2 -> any errors in /var/log/visualrf/visualrf.log?

Also, this is a good point to open a support case to track.

• 8.  RE: VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??

Posted Jul 17, 2013 03:49 PM

Just FYI - I'm seeing this same effect on 7.6.5 as well.   It also hides the focus/unfocus button as well

I am logging into am amp admin role

visualrf log has some errars:

2013-07-17 12:41:16,577 ERROR Place[1]     com.airwave.rf.LocationServiceImpl get(event)

but appear unrelated

• 9.  RE: VisualRF - changed in 7.6.5??

Posted Jul 17, 2013 04:34 PM

Hi trschick,

I've already had a case open with Aruba Support and they confirmed that they can simulate the issue that I am seeing. And, the next course of action that we are taking is to upgrade to ver 7.7.1 which is said to have been tested free of this issue. We will be performing the upgrade next week and will keep you guys posted of the progress.

-Tan