Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF not detecting gaps between floors

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  VisualRF not detecting gaps between floors

Posted Feb 12, 2013 10:57 PM

I am doing RF planning with VisualRF for a building where a company occupies multiple floors but not all consecutive. When I enable overlay of above and beyond floors, I see strong fairly strong signal leak from an AP that is 4 floors away.  The floor numbers are correct, yet VisualRF doesn't seem to take this information into account.

Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: VisualRF not detecting gaps between floors

Posted Feb 13, 2013 01:43 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

When u uploaded into the VisualRF the floorplans:

Did u used jpeg/png/bmp or other picture format - and entered the right dimension of each floor (including height?)

Did u used CAD/DWG file.And u checked the dimension - that they are right?

check those details - That might be your issue.also be sure the use the lastest visualrf version.

me.

BTW:

-------

I also attached userguide for VisualRF (read it - it will give u good info)

Attachment(s)

pdf
    AWMSVisualRFUserGuide71.pdf   3.72 MB 1 version

• 3.  RE: VisualRF not detecting gaps between floors

Posted Feb 14, 2013 10:59 AM

Hi,

All pics are PNG, and I made sure to adjust the floor hight appropriately for every floor.  I am also using the latest visualrf from the airwave (7.6.2).

• 4.  RE: VisualRF not detecting gaps between floors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2013 12:46 PM

Did you add a buffer floor in between?  VisualRF currently doesn't have intelligence to determine if a floor is missing, so you'll want to try putting an empty floor inbetween for the purpose of between floor bleed through.

• 5.  RE: VisualRF not detecting gaps between floors

Posted Mar 07, 2013 09:34 PM

Rob,

Thanks for the suggestion. I figured that it's not smart enough for this.  I'll add the buffer and see if it improves...