Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF question for planning

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VisualRF question for planning

Posted May 13, 2015 08:20 AM

We have a big project. I have the floor plans for the are that will need to be covered with wireless. I imported it into VisualRF and defined the region as office and drew in the walls. I get a really high number of APs. This is how I was told from taking the Aruba Boobt Camp.

We had a company come out to take a look at something else for our wireless. We asked them to take a look at it. They said you just define the region and not to draw in the walls. They came up with half the number of APs needed.

Which is the correct way?

• 2.  RE: VisualRF question for planning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2015 08:41 AM
    Yes, you draw a region along the outer walls and then convert the region to walls.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: VisualRF question for planning

Posted May 13, 2015 08:58 AM

Just the outer walls or all the walls to give a better view of the are being covered?

I was told the more detail you give the better the prediction of the number nad coverage.

• 4.  RE: VisualRF question for planning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2015 09:00 AM
    I only do exterior walls and walls surrounding elevator shafts and stairwells.

Thanks,
    Tim