Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Vlan missing flags

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Vlan missing flags

Posted Sep 04, 2015 12:13 PM

Hello all,

After a change in the design I got a couple of flags of missing vlans. The controller is right, meaning that the vlans are now missing. So I tried to remove some older configurations that included the old vlans. When I removed in the master controller the vap using them the flags were gone. However the flags are still there for the local controller whose vaps are not synced. Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Vlan missing flags

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2015 12:17 PM

If you have a master/local setup, sometimes parts of the global configuration, including VLANs only refer to clients and access points on an  individual controller.  

For example, if you have an ap-group where the access points only exist on the master controller, it is quite possible that the VLANs in those AP groups only exist on the master controller.  When the global config is replicated to the local controller, it will complain that these VLANs do not exist, but that is okay, because they are only referring to configuration that is relevant to access points on the master.  Seeing those messages is common in a multi-controller deployment.

• 3.  RE: Vlan missing flags

Posted Sep 04, 2015 12:32 PM

I forgot to mention one important word. Profile. I do have two groups with each controller primary to each one. I have also remove the virtual ap from both groups and controllers. What I can't remove is the respective profile from the local controler. I believe the flag from the master controller was removed after deleting the vap profile as seen in Advanced Services > All Profile Management through cli. But I am not allowed to do the same in the local controller and the changed is not synced. Mind I dont' need the said vlans in any group or controller anymore.

I agree that it doesn't cause any serious problem but I would like to get rid of these flags.

• 4.  RE: Vlan missing flags

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2015 12:35 PM

The configuration is global and most of it is synched between master/local clusters.

If you have a Virtual AP profile that pertains to the master controller, it will still be synched to the local, that might not have that VLAN defined locally.  It can be ignored.

• 5.  RE: Vlan missing flags

Posted Sep 04, 2015 12:37 PM

Well this is the problem. The profile is only present in the local controller and can't be removed.

• 6.  RE: Vlan missing flags

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2015 12:39 PM

You should type "show switches" on the master controller and see if the local is in synch.  If it is a virtual AP profile, it should be created, defined and deleted on the master and synched to the local.  It should be read-only on the local.

• 7.  RE: Vlan missing flags

Posted Sep 04, 2015 12:45 PM

IP Address  Name                 Location  Type    Model      Version        Status  Configuration State  Config Sync Time (sec)  Config ID
    ----------  ----                 --------  ----    -----      -------        ------  -------------------  ----------------------  ---------
    *****  **** MASTER  ***    master  Aruba7030  6.4.2.6_49665  up      UPDATE SUCCESSFUL    0                       11
    *****  **** WRLS00-LOCAL   ***    local   Aruba7030  6.4.2.6_49665  up      UPDATE SUCCESSFUL    10                      11

It looks ok. How is the proper way of deleting it? Is a no wlan virtua-ap name" command enough?

• 8.  RE: Vlan missing flags

Posted Sep 07, 2015 07:37 AM

Solved with deleting the AAA profile.