Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

W-AP105 Keeps rebooting on Cisco 2960S switch

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  W-AP105 Keeps rebooting on Cisco 2960S switch

Posted Nov 12, 2012 07:40 AM

Hi all,

I'm pretty new for Aruba products, recently I've encountered an issue, My APs keep rebooting itself countless times when connected to Cisco 2960s Series switches. It doesn't seem to have this issue when connected to Dell's switches. 

The problem was resolved after 1 day, it is still not known what causes it or why it resolves itself after 1 day. 

Today I encountered the same problem again, and I'm pretty much confused. Help would be gladly appreciated. Thanks!

Controller Model Dell Powerconnect W3200. License have been imported, network were fine, able to ping AP from controller or switch, but it keeps restarting

• 2.  RE: W-AP105 Keeps rebooting on Cisco 2960S switch

Posted Nov 12, 2012 01:32 PM

Any solutions?

• 3.  RE: W-AP105 Keeps rebooting on Cisco 2960S switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2012 01:37 PM

SSH into the Dell controller, get into enable mode and type "show log system 50" to see if you see any messages.

Question:

What are these access points using to discover the controller?  Are they on the same subnet as the management interface?  Do you have DNS or DHCP options configured?

• 4.  RE: W-AP105 Keeps rebooting on Cisco 2960S switch

Posted Nov 12, 2012 11:27 PM

Hi, Thanks for your reply. 

Yes I have DHCP options configured. They are all within the same management subnet. I managed to set all APs IP addresses manually, it was working for some time, but it stop working recently and it keeps rebooting. Wasn't able to do a SSH now but will do it some time soon. 

Have you seen anything similar?

• 5.  RE: W-AP105 Keeps rebooting on Cisco 2960S switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2012 11:35 PM

Duplex mismatches on switches could cause errors, missed heartbeats and then reboots.

Seeing what is in the system log will give us an idea of what is happening.  Also, if a device has the same ip address as the controller, if even temporarily, that could cause the same issue.